Feature Requests

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Place your feature requests here.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM

How about a Get-DFSNode?

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I 2nd "Get-DFS-Node" , it was the first command I was going to test and probably one of the most useful for checkout scripts and verification that the other commands actually worked.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I would look to be able to export a list of DFS roots and configuration for documentation purposes.

I could use the dfs command line tools but it doesn't seem like there is a way to programatically discover all roots with those.  I'm trying to use powershell to document as much of my environment as possible, and refresh it once a month.

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Thanks to mjward, Get-DFSNode, Get-DFSTarget and Get-DFSRoot have now been added to the module.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Edited Jul 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I am receiving the following errors using the Get-DFSRoot command at the same line and position :417 char:22. Anyone else?

Pshell:
Import-module C:\SrvApps\DMU\PowerShell\Modules\DFS-Commands
Get-DfsRoot -NamespaceServer "Server01" -RootPath "\\CORP\DS_DFS"

W2K3 Enterprise Result:
Get-WmiObject : The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread.
At C:\SrvApps\DMU\PowerShell\Modules\DFS-Commands\DFS-Commands.psm1:417 char:22
  • Get-WmiObject <<<< -computername $NamespaceServer `
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand
Win7 Result:
Get-WmiObject : Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'System.Management.IWbemServices'. This operation f
ailed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{9556DC99-828C-11CF-A37E-00AA003240C7}' failed due to
the following error: A security package specific error occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070721).
At C:\Users\Public\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\DFS-Commands\DFS-Commands.psm1:417 char:22
    • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-WmiObject], InvalidCastException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidCastException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand
Jan 8, 2015 at 7:50 AM
Moonshine94SVT wrote:
I am receiving the following errors using the Get-DFSRoot command at the same line and position :417 char:22. Anyone else?

Pshell:
Import-module C:\SrvApps\DMU\PowerShell\Modules\DFS-Commands
Get-DfsRoot -NamespaceServer "Server01" -RootPath "\\CORP\DS_DFS"

W2K3 Enterprise Result:
Get-WmiObject : The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread.
At C:\SrvApps\DMU\PowerShell\Modules\DFS-Commands\DFS-Commands.psm1:417 char:22
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand
Win7 Result:
Get-WmiObject : Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'System.Management.IWbemServices'. This operation f
ailed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{9556DC99-828C-11CF-A37E-00AA003240C7}' failed due to
the following error: A security package specific error occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070721).
At C:\Users\Public\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\DFS-Commands\DFS-Commands.psm1:417 char:22
    • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-WmiObject], InvalidCastException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidCastException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand
I suggeste you to try only Get-DfsRoot to check every existing dfsRoot. You'll display internal name like \Server\root\cimv2:Win32_DfsNode.Name="\\\\\\Something@ROOT\\something". But your right, may be we need some exemple in order to manipulate this module.